This 1962 Oldsmobile was purchased by the current owner in 2004 when it had a reported 5,842 miles and he has added approximately 25,658 during his years of ownership. Repair receipts chronologically document the progression of miles over the life of the F-85. As a result of the age of the vehicle, mileage is being reported as TMU.
The F85 is in true “Survivor” condition with original paint except for a very minor repair addressing a scratch on the right rear door. The F-85 retains its original, interior, and numbers matching engine, and transmission. The car comes complete with extensive documentation including:
- Original 1962 Oldsmobile F-85 Operating Manual
- 1962 Oldsmobile Owner Protection Plan documenting the purchase by Helen L. Smith on July 20, 1962. The original Protecto-Plate has never been removed from the brochure.
- 1962 Oldsmobile F-85 Pre-Delivery & 1,000 Mile Inspection Form
- Original envelope dated 8/31/1962 with the Proteco-Plate in the name of Hellen Smith, the cars original owner for over 28 years.
- Change of ownership document (Certificate of Title) from Ms. Smith to Beverly J. Hillard dated 1/5/1990.
- Bill of sale to the current owner dated February 2, 2004
- Repair & maintenance receipts for current and previous owner
This 1962 Oldsmobile Cutlass F-85 is powered by an aluminum 215ci overhead valve V8 paired with a three-speed automatic transmission.
The attached features include power-assisted steering, power brakes, and an AM radio. The file contains receipts for ongoing maintenance by the current owner and a few previous repair receipts from previous owners. The F-85 is offered with an owner’s booklet, the Protect-Plate, service records, copies of literature and fact information, and a clean California title in the seller’s name.
The body is finished in its factory original color of Pacific Mist, consistent with the trim tag (refer to decoding) with a matching interior. Exterior features include chrome trim, full wheels covers, and whitewall tires.
Steel wheels wear full covers and 13″ whitewall radial tires. The car is equipped with power-assisted steering and power brakes, with receipts indicating repairs to the braking system and new tires within the past ~4 years and approximately 3,000 miles. Additional repairs include ongoing oil services and general maintenance including a replacement muffler and new motor mounts within the past month. The car passed a California safety inspection within 30 days with no findings.
The interior features a front bench seat with front & rear seat covers that can be seen in the photographs. Carpet and door panels are color coordinated and vintage style lap belts have been installed front and rear for safety.
The five-digit odometer shows approximately 31,500 miles, with total mileage believed to be original and chronologically documented but represented as TMU based on the age of the F-85. unknown. The factory pushbutton AM radio is inoperable, and a Pioneer AM/FM radio has been discreetly added behind the glove box door.
The body plate riveted to the firewall decodes as follows:
- 07A 07= July A = First week of July
- Style 62-3119 62 = 1962 / 3119 = F-85 4 Door
- Body LA 10280 LA = Los Angeles Produced 10280 = Production Sequence
- Pacific Mist Exterior (Code P)
- Interior 951 – Color coordinated with exterior Pacific Mist