One Owner SL500 Convertible / Hardtop – 53,796 Original California Miles
Finished in “Brilliant Silver” / Ash Leather
Well Maintained Local Example – Totally Clean CarFax
NOTE: Our listings are rather lengthy. They not only describe this particular car but also some history of the make/model, considerations in buying a classic car and facts about our firm. However, we continually hear from out of state / out of country buyers (many of our clients) that they prefer the level of detail that we provide. However, if you are not prepared to read the full listing, please review the OVERVIEW below along with the PHOTOGRAPHS at the bottom. If you’d prefer, please call us at 925-846-1451 and we’ll gladly discuss the SL500 and answer any questions over the telephone, including our “Buy it Now” policy. Yes, the SL500 can be purchased prior to the end of the eBay auction.
Please keep in mind that we will gladly…
- Answer any questions over the telephone and take the time to guide prospective customers through the buying process (925-846-1451).
- Assist with locating a quality, suitable transporter at very competitive prices.
- Provide proof that we are licensed, bonded (for the financial transaction), fully insured, and operate from an established showroom environment
- Provide feedback from previous buyers, and specific references for vehicle purchases in your area (we also ask that you view our detailed eBay feedback by clicking on the number to the right of the eBay user name)
- Offer additional information including specific photographs or clarification of any part of our description of the vehicle
Thank you again, please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Paul R. Wankle, Pres.
Classic Cars Ltd.
OVERVIEW-THIS PARTICULAR 2004 MERCEDES-BENZ SL500 ROADSTER/HARDTOP
We are regularly asked to locate very well maintained, “honest” examples of the desirable Mercedes SL cars. Frankly, many of the SL cars on the market today are not cars that we would consider worthy of consideration for our customers that are searching for high quality, pre-owned, low mileage Mercedes “SL” convertibles. More often than not, the available SL cars have high mileage, have not received the necessary maintenance, and have not been serviced by a Mercedes Benz dealer or qualified technicians. That is certainly not the case with this particular SL. This is a truly lovely SL 500 that has been well cared for by its local California owner.
This SL500 hardtop/roadster is elegant and sophisticated while providing truly wonderful, sporty performance, and handling. With just over only 53K miles and a lifetime in California, it is in truly excellent condition, both cosmetically and mechanically. It is ready to be driven and enjoyed by its new owner. Major features include:
– 5.0 Liter V8 engine
– 7 speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode
– Power retractable hardtop
– Beautiful “Brilliant Silver” paint
– “Ash” leather interior
– Dual zone automatic climate control
– 12-way adjustable heated seats with pneumatic lumbar support
– Striking light burl wood trim
– Bi-Xenon automatic headlamps with washers
– Upgraded 20” inch 5 spoke alloy wheels & high quality Pirelli tires
– 100% Clean CARFAX including maintenance history by Mercedes and qualified local German repair specialists
The SL 500 is in beautiful condition both inside and out and reflects the care that the car has received mechanically and cosmetically. The classic “Bright Silver” paint remains high gloss, and free from any indication of accident damage, or repairs. There is no evidence of accident damage or re-painting.
The interior is equally as nice and reflects minimal wear and is in equally good condition as the exterior. The Mercedes does not show the damage to the driver’s side bolster that we see on so many Mercedes SL cars. In fact, the entire interior shows very minimal to no signs of wear on the seats, carpeting, dash, instruments, and other interior components. In typical Mercedes fashion, the electrical system is fully functional and there are no warning lights or codes shown in the system. The extensive photographs reflect the car’s condition including the body, paint, engine compartment, interior, rear compartment and underside.
The Mercedes has been well maintained and includes a CarFax report documenting the cars California delivery in March, 2004. The Mercedes has a history of service/repairs and has passed smog inspections.
Recent service was completed at 52,904 miles, less than 1,000 miles ago, including the following:
– Replacement battery
– Synthetic oil service
– New air filter set
– New air filter
– Brake fluid flush/change
At the time the car received a complete inspection by the local Mercedes dealer including replacement of the brake hydraulic unit and the ABS pump/motor replaced. The electrical system was checked and a complete maintenance inspection completed. The vehicle inspection revealed no other needs / issues.
Previously, the Mercedes received regular servicing by MBZ specialists including the following:
– 46,438 miles (within 5K miles) – New rear brakes & rotors. Complete oil service
– 47,000 miles (5.5K miles ago) New Blaque Diamond BD23 Gloss Black 20” staggered wheels & Pirelli PZero Nero GT tires (285/2520” rear, 255/30/20” front) +$3,000.00
The car has been adult owned, never abused, and always garaged when not in use.
DETAILS-THIS PARTICULAR 2004 MERCEDES-BENZ SL500
– Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) WDBSK75F14F077471
– Paint code: 744 – Bright Silver
– Interior code: 208 – Ash Leather
– Production Date: 1/04
– Engine 5.0 L V8
– 302 horsepower
– Drive type: rear wheel drive
– Transmission: 7-speed shiftable automatic
– Speed-proportional power steering
– Cruise control
– Multi-link front and rear suspension
– Four-wheel independent suspension
SAFETY AND SECURITY
– High Strength Steel Reinforced Cabin with Front and Rear Crumple Zones
– Supplemental Restraint System with Occupant Sensor
– Dual Two-Stage Front Airbags, Head-Thorax Side Impact Airbags and Driver’s Knee Air Bag
– Bi-Xenon Automatic Headlamps with Twilight Sensor and High Pressure – Washers and auto delay off
– Anti-Theft Alarm with Engine Immobilizer
– Tire Pressure monitoring System
– Automatic Pop-Up Rollover Bar
– Integrated Seat belts including Emergency Retractors and Force Limiters
– 4-wheel Electronic disc Braking System with Anti-lock and Brake Assist
– Electronic Stability Program with Automatic Slip Control
– Daytime running lights
– Front fog/driving lights
– Power adjustable headrests
– Self-leveling headlights
– Emergency interior trunk release
– Classic silver paint in excellent condition
– Power retractable hardtop
– Turn signals in mirror
– Side mirrors both power and heated
– Reverse tilt passenger mirror provides curb view when vehicle in reverse
– Variable intermittent rain sensing wipers
– “German” precision fit of all body panels
– Ash leather interior
– Heated 12-way adjustable seats
– Power adjustable lumbar support in seats
– Electric adjustable tilt and telescoping steering column w/ 3 position memory
– Burl walnut wood trim
– Dual illuminating vanity mirrors
– Super plush floor mats
– Sunshade/windscreens behind seats
– 3-zone automatic climate control w/ charcoal filter
– Auto dimming rear and side mirrors
– Remote power door locks
– 2 one-touch power windows
– DVD command navigation system
– Rear defogger
– Front console with storage
– Front cup holders
– Front door pockets
– Remote trunk release
– Luggage net in trunk
– Rear luggage belts
– Universal remote transmitter (for garage door, security system, etc.)
– No damage or flaws in upholstery or carpet
– Analog gages; all function as normal
– Width: 71.5 in.
– Height: 51.0 in.
– Length: 178.5 in.
– Front track: 61.8 in.
– Rear track: 61.1 in.
– Wheel base: 100.8 in.
– Turning circle: 36.2 ft.
– Cargo capacity, all seats in place: 11.2 cu.ft.
– Front head room: 37.7 in.
– Front leg room: 42.9 in.
– Front shoulder room: 54.0 in.
– Drag Coefficient: 0.30
– Curb weight: 4564 lb.
– Fuel tank capacity: 21.1 gal.
– Range in miles (Hwy): 379.8 mi.
HISTORY-MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS
The Mercedes-Benz SL-Class is a grand touring car manufactured by Mercedes since 1954. The designation SL derives from the German Sportlich-Leicht. The original idea was suggested by American importer Max Hoffman, who perceived a market for a toned-down Gran Prix car tailored to affluent performance enthusiasts in the booming post-war American market, which remains the primary market for the vehicles. The fifth generation SL (Mercedes-Benz R230 platform) was in production between 2002 and 2008.
– Current California registration and clear California title
– Passed the California required safety inspection for working wipers, turn signals, lights, brakes, tires, etc.
– Clean CARFAX
Classic Cars Ltd.