1948 Ford Super Deluxe Resto-Mod
Complete Mechanical Restoration in 2020
Very High End Build
This 1948 Ford Super Deluxe Coupe has a reported history of being a lifelong California car and was purchased by the current owner in 2016. When acquired, the car had undergone a partial cosmetic restoration including complete, high quality repaint, exterior trim, and interior replacement and or upgrades by the previous owner. The current owner new seals, glass, internal window components, latches and other trim.
From 2016-2020 the current owner/collector had his dedicated mechanic complete a comprehensive frame-off mechanical restoration that can be seen in the attached photos. Specifications include:
- 432c.i. Small block Chevrolet engine
- Excellent internal components including Jesel rockers
- Engine balanced and blueprinted
- Highly detailed engine compartment & undercarriage
- Moroso auminum oi pan
- Spal high performance thermostatically controlled fan
- High torque starter
- TH 400 automatic transmission
- -Aluminum transmission pan
- 4-wheel disc brakes with Master Power Brakes electric vacuum pump mounted under fender
- Mustang II rack & pinion with welded-in power steering
- Adjustable Bilstein shock absorbers
- Stainless steel exhaust headers back
- Magnalow stainless steel mufflers
- Original 6-volt radio in place (non-functional
- Completely new fuel system including tank
- All new United Pacific Wiring including diagram
- Bob Drake electric wiper kit replacing stock vacuum operated set-up
- Odyssey Battery
- New tires with 2020 date codes (Front 245/40/ZR18” Rear 375/35/20” Mounted under stock fender wells
- Custom manufactured wheels with center “ford” logo hubcaps and trim rings
- Detailed build information, specifications on products used, and notes on build details
Detailed restoration and history includes two 4-5” thick binders with history dating back to the mid-1980’s including photos of the car off the chassis, being restored with the previously installed flathead V8, extensive receipts (current and older), many photos from past generations and too much other information to list in the initial submission.
This example represents a part of California history that has been continuously upgraded to its current condition with a considerable recent investment in mechanical and cosmetic improvements.
Please contact us if we can share additional information.
Classic Cars Ltd.