1967 Jaguar 340 Mk 2 Saloon 4 Door
One Owner Rust-free Lifetime California Car w/ Original California Black Plates
3.4 Liter I6 Engine w/ Desirable 4-Speed Manual Transmission
Well Maintained Older Restoration in Carmen Red w/ Lovely Tan Interior
WOULD MAKE A LOVELY HOLIDAY GIFT!
NOTE: Our listings are rather lengthy. They not only describe this particular car but also some history of the make/model, considerations in buying a classic car and facts about our firm. However, we continually hear from out-of-state / out-of- country buyers (many of our clients) that they prefer the level of detail that we provide. However, if you are not prepared to read the full listing, please scan the DETAILS below along with viewing the PHOTOGRAPHS at the bottom. If you’d prefer, please call us at 925-846-1451 and we’ll gladly discuss the Mercedes and answer any questions over the telephone, including our “Buy it Now” policy. Yes, the Jaguar can be purchased prior to the end of the eBay auction.
This car is offered at a realistic price and, unlike bidding on cars in an auction environment, you will have the benefit of extensive information and history on the car prior to making a buying decision. Equally as important is the fact that Classic Cars Ltd. has been in business for 26+ years and enjoys an excellent national / international relationship with over 1,000+ positive eBay feedback responses.
Please keep in mind that we will gladly…
- Answer any questions over the telephone and take the time to guide prospective customers through the buying process (925-846-1451).
- Assist with locating a quality, suitable transporter at very competitive prices.
- Provide proof that we are licensed, bonded (for the financial transaction), fully insured, and operate from an established showroom environment.
- Provide feedback from previous buyers, and specific references for vehicle purchases in your area (we also ask that you view our detailed eBay feedback by clicking on the number to the right of the eBay user name)
- Offer additional information including specific photographs or clarification of any part of our description of the vehicle
Thank you again, please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Paul R. Wankle, Pres.
Classic Cars Ltd.
One owner, locally delivered California cars are becoming increasingly difficult to find, but this is one such example. This Jaguar MKII was purchased new by Mr. Z. from British Motors on May 18, 1967 as documented on the Registration of Ownership / Manufacturer’s Warranty.
The Jaguar comes with a British Heritage Trust Certificate from Jaguar Daimler documented the car as follows:
- Model: Jaguar 3.4.Liter 340 MKII
- Body Style: 4-Door Sedan
- Specifications: Left Hand Drive
- VIN/Chassis Number: JCNP180569
- Engine Number: KJ9993-8
- Body Number: E66559
- Gearbox Number: J05136
- Color Exterior: Carmen Red
- Interior: Black
- Date Built: November 9, 1966
- Date Dispatched: November 22, 1966
- Main Distributor: Jaguar, NY
- First Owner: California
- RN/13/153/CD1 – Document produced 8/13/2013
The Jaguar was delivered by British Motor Car Distributors, Ltd. & sold by San Jose British Motor Cars, San Jose, CA Details on the included original sales document include:
– Distributor & Delivering Dealer (as outlined above)
– Suggested Retail Price P.O.E. $4,495.00
– Options including: Whitewall tires (+50.00) and Retractable seat belts (+24.00) for a total Suggested Retail Price of $4,569.00 (original laminated document included)
Additional documentation is significant and includes the following:
– British Heritage Trust Certificate (original)
– Jaguar Cars Ltd. Coventry – Manufacturer’s Warranty (copy dated 5/18/67 showing current owner’s name and address)
– Jaguar Operating Maintenance & Service Handbook
– Periodic Maintenance Vouchers Original book of Jaguar periodic maintenance vouchers; only the 2500 mi. voucher was used (7-11-67)
– Registration documents dating back to the 1970’s
– Jaguar List of Dealers
– Original and spare keys (including glove box key, door locks and trunk)
– Receipts including restoration of exterior and interior
– Original Jack & Spare tire/wheel
– Miscellaneous minor spare parts
– Indoor car cover
Mr. Z purchased the car new in 1966 and, based on the information provided, resided before retiring to a rural Northern California area. Needless to say, the Jaguar was always garaged and kept in running / driving condition until the passed away a few years ago.
DETAILS—THIS PARTICULAR 1967 JAGUAR 340 MK 2 SALOON
The styling of the Jaguar Mark 2 is truly timeless and remains as beautiful as ever. The interior is pure luxury from an era gone by. The year 1967 marked the end of the Mark 2 production run with only 2,788 340’s were built that year. The majority of the limited production being delivered to the West Coast, as was this car, which has remained in Northern California with one owner for 52 years.
The car underwent a complete cosmetic restoration including a repaint in its original factory color of Carmen red, and all new interior (seats, carpet & some trim) in 1996-1997. Since the restoration, the Jaguar has been used minimally and primarily by its elderly owner to display at local British shows. The car looks good and drives well. It is being offered for sale by the owner’s estate.
This Jaguar is reasonably priced and could be enjoyed as is, or with little expense, could be brought to an even higher level. Within the last 100 miles, the Jaguar was professionally inspected and the braking system, cooling system and electrical components were checked and service as necessary. The car has functioning lights, turn signals, brake lights, etc. and receive the benefit of a brake and coolant flush along with a tune-up and minor service. As a life-long, rust-free California car it is an excellent candidate. The provenance provided by the included original documentation, including the British Heritage Certificate, is impressive documenting the car as a matching numbers example.
The DMV vehicle identification number is J67P180569. Car number P180569 shows on the firewall ID plate. The car bears yellow-on-black 1963 California license plates UXE 249 and is registered though March 2020.
- 3,422 cc XK6 I6 (in-line) engine w/ twin SU HD6 carburetors; 210 bhp
- Manual 4-speed transmission
- 4-wheel disc brakes
- Live rear axle
- Left-hand drive
- Engine is quite clean and dry but not detailed
- The paint under the hood is checked and peeling
- The firewall is painted black
- The inner side fenders are a red/black mix
The engine starts easily but occasionally stumbles slightly while cold. Once warmed up, it runs very well. The car shifts smoothly with an excellent clutch and syncromesh gears. The brakes have recently had attention and the steering rack shows evidence of recent replacement. The car stops straight and sure and the steering is precise and free from noise or problems. The Jaguar runs cool and has excellent oil pressure when cold and warm. The engine is free from noise and it does not leak significant fluids.
The odometer shows 89,601 miles, but we are unable to accurately state the mileage and must report it as TMU (Total Miles Unknown) due to the age of the car. However, the family of the owner believes the mileage to be accurate at the reflected mileage.
- Beautifully reupholstered and carpeted in 1997 at a cost of $2,765 (receipt provided)
- Upholstery is a deep tan with a distinctly leather appearance
- All 4 door panels are excellent
- Carpets are light tan with 4 darker tan individual floor mats, red Jaguar logo on front mats
- New tan wind lacing
- Excellent tan headliner with two sun visors
- Upholstered rear package shelf w/ single radio speaker
- Seat belts in front but not in rear
- Door sill plates are not dented but are dull
- Missing lenses on two left side ceiling lights
- Black steering wheel in nice condition; is adjustable
- Beautiful burled walnut wood dash with matching wood grain painted trim elsewhere
- 4-speed manual console shifter
- Functional tachometer and fuel, oil pressure, water temp and amp gauges
- Stock Blaupunkt AM radio does not work
- Stock clock below tachometer does not work
- Heater ducts some heat to rear seat
- All lights and the windshield wipers work
- All glass is clear and excellent
- All 4 windows crank nicely
- All 4 wind wings open easily; left rear does not latch tightly
- All 4 doors open/close smartly
- Weatherstrip is missing on top and front of driver’s door (extra weather-stripping is included in the miscellaneous spare parts)
- Repainted Carmen Red in 1996 at a cost of $4,850 (receipt included)
- Red paint is shiny and free of orange peel; a very minor scratch on right side post between doors; chipping in ½ by 4” area at rear of right rear fender skirt; small chip forward of right rear
- Very straight body work
- Excellent front bumper with two guards
- Excellent rear bumper with two guards; guards are dented on the upper portion
- Excellent no-dent grille
- All brightwork is nice; one small dent at rear of left side rain gutter
- Cowl vent
- Twin outside rear view mirrors
- Right front fender mounted radio antenna with flex base
- Rear California 1963 yellow-on-black (front original black/yellow plate included and shown in photos) license plate UXE 249 w/ Jaguar frame
- Front Jaguar plate in Jaguar frame; large British plate holder behind
- Four Vredestein (Holland) 185/70 HR 15 radial tires with 9/32” remaining tread (less than 100 miles)
- Four beautiful, undamaged wire spoke wheels w/ knock-off centers
- One locking lug nut per wheel
- Considerable red overspray on sides of undercarriage
- Undercarriage is California clean
- Both the hood and the trunk lid open/close smartly
- The trunk lid has good weather-stripping
- The trunk contains a spare on a steel rim
- Trunk floor covered with nice tan carpet
- Clear California title with current California registration through March 2020
- California smog test not required for vehicles 1975 and older
- California yellow-on-black ’63 plates are transferable to a California buyer in accordance with current DMV rules
- Assembly—Coventry, England
- Body style—4-door saloon
- Engine—3.4 L I6
- Ground clearance—7”
- Curb weight—3,174 lb.
- Turn radius—33’ 6”
The Jaguar Mark 2 is a mid-sized luxury sports saloon built from late 1959 to 1967 (total 83,976 cars) in Coventry, England. A total of 28,666 cars were 3.4 liter, 2,788 in the final 1967 model year. The Mark 2 replaced the Mark 1 but had no direct successor. Power is by a Jaguar XK6 I6 engine with twin SU HD6 carburetors. Four wheel disc brakes were standard. Tests of an automatic transmission car gave a top speed of 119.9 mph and a 0-60 mph time of 11.9 sec.
The Mark 2’s body lines proved sufficiently popular over time to provide inspiration for the second generation Jaguar S-Type, a nostalgia model introduced in 1999. A Mark 2 was driven by TV detective Inspector Morse as played by John Thaw on British TV.
Classic Cars Ltd. 925-846-1451