This 1969 Datsun 510 has been owned by the current owner for 2 years and has a history of being having been sold new in California as supported by the “1969” Year First Sold on the title and registration.
Within the past approximately 2,000 miles the car received considerable mechanical and cosmetic refurbishment including the following:
– 2.0 motor built by Rebello Racing in Contra Costa County 2000 miles ago with authentic Mikuni 44mm carbs. Engine is dyno’d at 155hp to the wheels / ~200 at the crank
– Polished original valve cover
– Datsun Z 5 speed – rebuilt at time of installation. 2000 miles
– Datsun roadster 2000 clutch- 2000 miles
– Aftermarket electric fan and 3 core aluminum radiator
– New with quick knob dis-connect for storage and safety
SUSPENSION & UNDERCARRIAGE
-Wilwood 2 piston calipers on all four corners with 1000 miles on them
– Matching Yokohama S-Drive date coded 2017 all 4 corners with alignment by Roger Kraus Racing, Castro Valley, CA
– Adjustable strut for camber and caster at the top of the struts under the hood
– Adjustable coils on every corner
– Adjustable sway bars
– Custom fender rolling by Roger Kraus Racing, Castro Valley, CA
– Custom fuel cell, vintage race spec battery re-located to rear for improved weight distribution. Battery is 3 months old and has quick knob disconnect for storage and safety
– Porsche “Grand Prix White” urethane enamel paint. Multiple coats
– Real Panasport 15 inch wheels, impossible to find.
– Very solid California car with factory original chrome & trim
– Engine bay is also stripped and painted to match the exterior
– Trunk is speckled and durable to comply with vintage racing
– Original keys for ignition and trunk
Datsun 510 Racing legend Troy Ermish (Troy Ermish Racing) installed the Datsun’s Interior, fuel cell, Roll cage, door panels, and fine tuning the engine.
The Datsun is painted in Porsche Grand Prix white urethane enamel with multiple coats. The car is fitted with Corbeau fitted seats and RCI 4-point racing style seat belts with quick release latches. Wheels are Panasport Racing on all 4 corners wrapped in Yokohama tires with date codes of 2017.
The engine is a 2.0liter built by highly respected Datsun expert Dave Rebello and includes Mikuni carburetion, Mallory ignitions, headers, high torque starter, and aluminum radiator. Power is sent to the rear wheels through rebuilt Datsun Z a five-speed manual transmission. The current owner acquired the car approximately 2 years ago with the majority of the work being recently completed but added new tires at 72K miles at which time Roger Kraus Racing corner weighted and mounted / balanced the car and wheels and tires. This Datsun 510 is now offered on consignment from the long-time customer of the dealer with a clean California title and original keys.
The cabin features black Corbeau cloth seats with custom door panels with discreet “510” embossed in the upper portions of the panels. Carpet is black and with the rear seat deleted in favor of a flat area that is nicely carpeted. A Momo wheel replaces the original and SW gauges have been added to monitor oil pressure and water temperature while an Autometer tachometer is mounted to the left of the steering wheel. The car is fitted with an ATL fuel cell and a functional ATL gas gauge mounted in the center of the dash. A roll bar is added for additional safety.
Instrumentation includes a 120-mph speedometer, a tachometer with a 6,500-rpm redline, and fuel, temperature and oil gauges mounted in the center of the dash in the radio opening. Otherwise, the dash remains in its stock configuration including a glove box door but no glove box. Mileage showing is 72,346 with fewer than 300 miles added by the current owner. Total mileage is unknown.
Photos of the underside, suspension, wheel wells, and brakes are provided in the gallery.