OVERVIEW-THIS PARTICULAR 2004 MERCEDES-BENZ SL500
We are regularly asked to locate very well maintained, “honest” examples of the desirable Mercedes SL cars. Frankly, many of the Mercedes cars on the market today are not vehicles that we would consider worthy of consideration for our customers that are searching for high quality, pre-owned, low mileage Mercedes SL convertibles. More often than not, the available SL cars have high mileage, have not received the necessary maintenance, and have not been serviced by a Mercedes Benz dealer or qualified technicians. That is certainly not the case with this particular SL. This is a truly lovely SL 500 that has been well cared for by its one and only local California owner.This SL500 hardtop/roadster is elegant and sophisticated while providing truly wonderful, sporty performance, and handling. With just over only 44K miles and a lifetime in California, it is in truly excellent condition, both cosmetically and mechanically. It is ready to be driven and enjoyed by its new owner. Major features include:
– 5.0 Liter V8 engine
– 7 speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode
– Power retractable hardtop
– Beautiful “Brilliant Silver” paint
– “Ash” leather interior
– Command navigation / audio system
– 8 speaker Bose sound system
– Dual zone automatic climate control
– 12-way adjustable heated seats with pneumatic lumbar support
– Striking light burl wood trim
– Bi-Xenon automatic headlamps with washers
– 18 inch 5 spoke alloy wheels
– 100% Clean CARFAX including maintenance history by Mercedes and qualified local German repair specialists
The SL 500 is in beautiful condition both inside and out and reflects the care that the car has received mechanically and cosmetically. The classic “Bright silver” paint remains high gloss, and free from any indication of accident damage, or repairs. The only notable cosmetic imperfections are to the lower front spoiler area that has the normal scrapes from parking, and steep driveway access.The interior is equally as nice and reflects minimal wear having been driven by a female owner. As a result, the car does not show the damage to the driver’s side bolster that we see on so many Mercedes SL cars. In fact, the entire interior shows very minimal to no signs of wear on the seats, carpeting, dash, instruments, and other interior components. In typical Mercedes fashion, the electrical system is fully functional and there are no warning lights or needs. The extensive photographs reflect the car’s condition including the body, paint, engine compartment, interior, rear compartment and underside.
The Mercedes has been well maintained and includes a file documenting its repair history along with a clean Carfax report that also documents the service history. Initially, the Mercedes was serviced by the delivering dealer, Claridge’s Ltd., Fremont, CA. and subsequently by qualified German specialty mechanics. The car has never been abused, and always garaged when not in use. The computer(s) show the car to be free from any “codes” and repairs are well documented on the totally clean CarFax report along with invoices that will go to the new owner with the Mercedes. While the length of maintenance performed over the course of 14~ years is too extensive to list item by item, the following summary will provide the prospective buyer with the level of care the Mercedes has received.
4/16/04 / 37 miles – Delivered to the
9/21/05 / 7,132 miles – A-Service Performed
8/25/07 / 11,743 miles – B- Service Incl. brake fluid change and warranty items
8/13/09 / 15,565 miles – A-Service & new brakes / rotors
7/1/10 / 17,238 miles – New cam sensor
3/2/10 / 16,435 miles – Smog – passed
7/1/10 / 18,835 miles – New shift assembly / reprogram
10/11/11 / 21,368 miles – A-Service, R&R valve cover gaskets
2/24/12 / 23,060 miles – New battery & smog – passed
2/26/13 / miles not noted – A-service, check all systems
11/21/13 / 29,563 miles – A-Service, check all belts / systems
12/18/14 / 30,262 miles – A-Service, replace rear strut assembly, new engine mounts, replace power steering
hoses/new fluid, reline front brakes, OBD scan
3/16/15 / 33,265 miles – Replace valve cover gaskets, rear engine oil main seal., install new seal plate
12/4/15 / 35,504 miles – New battery
7/17/17 / 40,481 miles – Replace hydraulic suspension pump / refill
12/20/17 / 42,354 miles – Smog- passed
8/21/18 / 43,123 miles – Replace faulty alarm siren
11/12/18 / 44,025 miles – Complete oil service including brake fluid change, air filter, and cabin filter
The service records accompany the Mercedes as do the original delivery books, manuals, factory window sticker and delivery invoice ($98,500.00 new)
DETAILS-THIS PARTICULAR 2004 MERCEDES-BENZ SL500
– Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) WDBSK75F66F118194
Paint code: 744 – Bright Silver
Interior code: 208 – Ash Leather
Production Date: 12/12/03
OPTIONS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
– 048 – Navigation CD Collection
– 051 – Hands free communication system with VCS
– 614 – Xenon headlights
MECHANICAL- Engine 5.0 L V8- 302 horsepower
– Drive type: rear wheel drive
– Transmission: 7-speed shiftable automatic
– Speed-proportional power steering
– Cruise control
– Multi-link front and rear suspension
– Four-wheel independent suspension
– 18″ 5-spoke multi-piece alloy wheels
– Excellent matching front / rear Michelin Pilot Sport factory recommended tire with excellent tread
SAFETY AND SECURITY- High Strength Steel Reinforced Cabin with Front and Rear Crumple Zones- Supplemental Restraint System with Occupant Sensor
– Dual Two-Stage Front Airbags, Head-Thorax Side Impact Airbags and Driver’s Knee Air Bag
– Bi-Xenon Automatic Headlamps with Twilight Sensor and High Pressure – Washers and auto delay off
– Anti-Theft Alarm with Engine Immobilizer
– Tire Pressure monitoring System
– Automatic Pop-Up Rollover Bar
– Integrated Seat Belts including Emergency Retractors and Force Limiters
– 4-wheel Electronic disc Braking System with Anti-lock and Brake Assist
– Electronic Stability Program with Automatic Slip Control
– Daytime running lights
– Front fog/driving lights
– Power adjustable headrests
– Self-leveling headlights
– Emergency interior trunk release
– Classic silver paint in excellent condition- Power retractable hardtop
– Turn signals in mirrors
– Side mirrors both power and heated
– Reverse tilt passenger mirror provides curb view when vehicle in reverse
– Variable intermittent rain sensing wipers
– “German” precision fit of all body panels
– Ash leather interior- Heated 12-way adjustable seats
– Power adjustable lumbar support in seats
– Electric adjustable tilt and telescoping steering column w/ 3 position memory
– Burl walnut wood trim
– Dual illuminating vanity mirrors
– Super plush floor mats
– Sunshade/windscreens behind seats
– 3-zone automatic climate control w/ charcoal filter
– Auto dimming rear and side mirrors
– Remote power door locks
– 2 one-touch power windows
– DVD command navigation system
– Keyless GO vehicle entry and starting system
– Rear defogger
– Front console with storage
– Front cup holders
– Front door pockets
– Remote trunk release
– Luggage net in trunk
– Rear luggage belts
– Universal remote transmitter (for garage door, security system, etc.)
– No damage or flaws in upholstery or carpet
– Analog guages; all function as normal
SPECIFICATIONS- Width: 71.5 in.- Height: 51.0 in.
– Length: 178.5 in.
– Front track: 61.8 in.
– Rear track: 61.1 in.
– Wheel base: 100.8 in.
– Turning circle: 36.2 ft.
– Cargo capacity, all seats in place: 11.2 cu.ft.
– Front head room: 37.7 in.
– Front leg room: 42.9 in.
– Front shoulder room: 54.0 in.
– Drag Coefficient: 0.30
– Curb weight: 4564 lb.
– Fuel tank capacity: 21.1 gal.
– Range in miles (Hwy): 379.8 mi.
HISTORY-MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS
The Mercedes-Benz SL-Class is a grand touring car manufactured by Mercedes since 1954. The designation SL derives from the German Sportlich-Leicht. The original idea was suggested by American importer Max Hoffman, who perceived a market for a toned-down Gran Prix car tailored to affluent performance enthusiasts in the booming post-war American market, which remains the primary market for the vehicles. The fifth generation SL (Mercedes-Benz R230 platform) was in production between 2002 and 2008.