2005 SL500 Convertible / Hardtop
65,643 Original California Miles
Finished in “Cubanite Silver Metallic” / Black/Anthracite Leather
Well Maintained Local Example – Totally Clean CarFax
OVERVIEW-THIS PARTICULAR 2005 MERCEDES-BENZ SL500 ROADSTER/HARDTOP
We are regularly asked to locate very well maintained, “honest” examples of the desirable Mercedes SL cars. Frankly, many of the SL cars on the market today are not cars that we would consider worthy of consideration for our customers that are searching for high quality, pre-owned, low mileage Mercedes “SL” convertibles. More often than not, the available SL cars have high mileage, have not received the necessary maintenance, and have not been serviced by a Mercedes Benz dealer or qualified technicians. That is certainly not the case with this particular SL. This is a truly lovely SL 500 that has been well cared for by its local California owner.
This SL500 hardtop/roadster is elegant and sophisticated while providing truly wonderful, sporty performance, and handling. With just over only 65K miles and a lifetime in California, it is in truly excellent condition, both cosmetically and mechanically. It is ready to be driven and enjoyed by its new owner. Major features include:
– 5.0 Liter V8 engine
– 7 speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode
– Power retractable hardtop
– Beautiful “Cubanite Silver” paint
– “Black/Anthracite” leather interior
– Dual zone automatic climate control
– 12-way adjustable heated seats with pneumatic lumbar support
– Striking light burl wood trim
– Bi-Xenon automatic headlamps with washers
– Upgraded 18” AMG 5 spoke alloy wheels & high quality Bridgestone tires
– 100% Clean CARFAX including maintenance history by Mercedes and qualified local German repair specialists
The SL 500 is in beautiful condition both inside and out and reflects the care that the car has received mechanically and cosmetically. The unique “Cubanite Silver” paint remains high gloss, and free from any indication of accident damage, or repairs. The only notable cosmetic imperfections are to the lower front spoiler area that has minor and typical scrapes from parking, and steep driveway access. There is no evidence of accident damage or re-painting.
The interior is equally as nice and reflects minimal wear and is in equally good condition as the exterior. The Mercedes does not show the damage to the driver’s side bolster that we see on so many Mercedes SL cars. In fact, the entire interior shows very minimal to no signs of wear on the seats, carpeting, dash, instruments, and other interior components. In typical Mercedes fashion, the electrical system is fully functional and there are no warning lights or codes shown in the system. The extensive photographs reflect the car’s condition including the body, paint, engine compartment, interior, rear compartment and underside.
The Mercedes has been well maintained and includes a CarFax report documenting the cars California delivery in December, 2004. The Mercedes has a history of service/repairs and has passed smog inspections.
Recent service was completed at 62,153 miles, less than 2,500 miles ago, including the following:
– Replacement battery (qty. 2; starter & accessory)
– Synthetic oil/filter service
– New cabin air filter set
– New air filter
– Spark Plugs
– Brake fluid flush/change
The electrical system was checked and a complete maintenance inspection completed. The vehicle inspection revealed no other needs / issues.
Previously, the Mercedes received regular servicing by MBZ specialists including the following:
59,850 miles (just over 5K miles) – 2 new Bridgestone Potenza RE050A 255/40R18 front tires; 2 new 285/35R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE050A rear tires
58,127 miles- Full synthetic oil/filter change
51,509 miles- Full synthetic oil/filter change
The car has been adult owned, never abused, and always garaged when not in use.
DETAILS-THIS PARTICULAR 2005 MERCEDES-BENZ SL500
– Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) WDBSK75F15F093767
– Paint code: 723U – Cubanite Silver Metallic
– Interior code: 201A – Black/Anthracite Leather
– Production Date: 9/21/2004
– Engine 5.0 L V8
– 302 horsepower
– Drive type: rear wheel drive
– Transmission: 7-speed shiftable automatic
– Speed-proportional power steering
– Cruise control
– Multi-link front and rear suspension
– Four-wheel independent suspension
– 18″ 5-spoke multi-piece alloy wheels
SAFETY AND SECURITY
– High Strength Steel Reinforced Cabin with Front and Rear Crumple Zones
– Supplemental Restraint System with Occupant Sensor
– Dual Two-Stage Front Airbags, Head-Thorax Side Impact Airbags and Driver’s Knee Air Bag
– Bi-Xenon Automatic Headlamps with Twilight Sensor and High Pressure – Washers and auto delay off
– Anti-Theft Alarm with Engine Immobilizer
– Tire Pressure monitoring System
– Automatic Pop-Up Rollover Bar
– Integrated Seatbelts including Emergency Retractors and Force Limiters
– 4-wheel Electronic disc Braking System with Anti-lock and Brake Assist
– Electronic Stability Program with Automatic Slip Control
– Daytime running lights
– Front fog/driving lights
– Power adjustable headrests
– Self-leveling headlights
– Emergency interior trunk release
– Cubanite Silver paint in excellent condition
– Power retractable hardtop
– Turn signals in mirrors
– Side mirrors both power and heated
– Reverse tilt passenger mirror provides curb view when vehicle in reverse
– Variable intermittent rain sensing wipers
– “German” precision fit of all body panels
- Black/Anthracite leather interior
– Heated 12-way adjustable seats
– Power adjustable lumbar support in seats
– Electric adjustable tilt and telescoping steering column w/ 3 position memory
– Burl walnut wood trim
– Dual illuminating vanity mirrors
– Super plush floor mats
– Sunshade/windscreens behind seats
– 3-zone automatic climate control w/ charcoal filter
– Auto dimming rear and side mirrors
– Remote power door locks
– 2 one-touch power windows
– DVD command navigation system
– Keyless GO vehicle entry and starting system
– Rear defogger
– Front console with storage
– Front cup holders
– Front door pockets
– Remote trunk release
– Luggage net in trunk
– Rear luggage belts
– Universal remote transmitter (for garage door, security system, etc.)
– No damage or flaws in upholstery or carpet
– Analog gauges; all function as normal
– Width: 71.5 in.
– Height: 51.0 in.
– Length: 178.5 in.
– Front track: 61.8 in.
– Rear track: 61.1 in.
– Wheel base: 100.8 in.
– Turning circle: 36.2 ft.
– Cargo capacity, all seats in place: 11.2 cu.ft.
– Front head room: 37.7 in.
– Front leg room: 42.9 in.
– Front shoulder room: 54.0 in.
– Drag Coefficient: 0.30
– Curb weight: 4564 lb.
– Fuel tank capacity: 21.1 gal.
– Range in miles (Hwy): 379.8 mi.
HISTORY-MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS
The Mercedes-Benz SL-Class is a grand touring car manufactured by Mercedes since 1954. The designation SL derives from the German Sportlich-Leicht. The original idea was suggested by American importer Max Hoffman, who perceived a market for a toned-down Gran Prix car tailored to affluent performance enthusiasts in the booming post-war American market, which remains the primary market for the vehicles. The fifth generation SL (Mercedes-Benz R230 platform) was in production between 2002 and 2008.
– Current California registration and clear California title
– Passed the California required safety inspection for working wipers, turn signals, lights, brakes, tires, etc.
– Remote key w/ panic button
– Clean CARFAX
Classic Cars Ltd. 925-846-1451