SOLD On PCARMARKET
Up for auction is this RUF-modified 2007 Porsche 987 Boxster S finished in Atlas Grey Metallic over a black interior. A lifelong California car, this 6-speed Boxster S was sold new from Stevens Creek Porsche before the original owner brought the car to the RUF Auto Centre in Texas for conversion to 3800S specifications at just over 3k miles. At a cost of over $43k, this conversion included the installation of RUF interior accessories, upgraded stainless-steel headers and exhaust system, and a 3.8L engine with the Exclusive X51 Powerkit sourced from a 997 Carrera S. Boasting a claimed output of over 380 HP while remaining largely original in its appearance, this RUF Boxster S is now being offered for auction by its seller out of California with just over 46k miles showing on the odometer.
This 987 comes finished in the desirable and understated shade of Atlas Grey Metallic and features a modified bumper and rear spoiler as well as a RUF badging on the rear decklid. The exterior of the car is described to have been kept in excellent condition apart from some scrapes on the underside of the lower front bumper. The front bumper cover has been previously refinished, and the original clear paint protection film is said to have been removed in March of 2020 before a paint correction was carried out along with the installation of a new paint protection film. Detailed images are provided in the photo gallery along with a clean CARFAX report. This Boxster S rides on replica RUF wheels measuring 19”x8.5” front and 19”x11” rear. These wheels come dressed in a set of new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires.
Inside, the black standard leather interior has received several special details including a RUF-logo shift knob, pedal set, floor mats, and door sills. The previous owner has also invested over $5,500 in a Pioneer 8200 NEX In-Dash GPS AV receiver (original Porsche head unit included), Metra antenna adapter, a backup camera, Bluetooth/USB connection, and an advanced front/rear Passport 9500ci integrated radar/laser system. Factory features include heated front seats, the Bose High-End Sound package, a 6-disc remote CD changer, self-dimming mirrors with an integrated rain sensor, the Power Seat Package, and Xenon Headlamp Package. The seller adds that the typically worn climate control buttons have been newly replaced.
At the RUF Auto Centre in Dallas, Texas, this Boxster S was upgraded to 3800S specifications and fitted with a 997 Carrera S 3.8L flat-six engine featuring Porsche’s Exclusive X51 Powerkit. New wiring and plumbing were created to accommodate the engine swap and custom-made motor mounts were installed along with a custom mass airflow sensor housing, and an upgraded ceramic-coated Cargraphic exhaust system. This engine is said to generate up to 381 HP, which is sent to the rear wheels through a 6-speed manual transmission. A certification from RUF is provided for reference in the photo gallery along with the original invoice totaling over $43k. A new battery has been recently installed and the car has been kept up to date on routine oil and filter services. The selling dealer states that the car cannot pass a California Emissions test due to modifications, therefore it cannot be sold to a California buyer.
This sale will include official RUF documentation, a set of two keys, owner’s manuals, service records, the original window sticker, original Porsche head unit, and a clean title. Offering mid-engine performance coupled with the power of a 3.8L X51 engine, this RUF-upgraded 6-speed Boxster S is sure to satisfy any discerning driver. Do not miss out on this incredible value.
Specifically, a summary of recent maintenance is as follows:
- July 2021- 4 New Michelin Pilot 4S tires, New Battery, Replaced worn HVAC control switches
- March 2020- Removed Old Paint Protection Film; Complete Detail and Paint Correction; Installed new Paint Protection Film
- 100 Miles ago- Complete safety inspection < 100 miles ago
- 10 Miles ago – Oil & Filter Service
- 4,000 miles ago- Oil & Filter service
- 9,000 miles ago – Oil & filter service. Check cabin and air filter – OK. Check all fluids, no codes Replace window regulator.
- 11,000 miles ago – Oil & Filter service
- 13,000 miles ago – Complete oil service, replace cabin filter and air filter. Adjust all tire pressures. Replace hood/trunk switch.
- 15,000 miles ago – New Pirelli P-Zero tires, mount & balance and wheel alignment.
- 17,000 miles ago – Replace exhaust bolts – Servicing facility noted “Vehicle is very well maintained.”
- Previous maintenance records date back to 2008, shortly after the car was delivered and include frequent oil services and dealer service for any needed or recommended repairs.
- The clean Car Fax report that chronologically documents the mileage and ownership, along with supporting that the car has had no history of accident damage, theft, flood, odometer tampering, etc.
- 2007 PORSCHE BOXSTER “S” RUF 3.8 LITER
- ENGINE TYPE: DOHC 24-valve flat-6, aluminum block and heads, port fuel injection
- DISPLACEMENT: 3.8 Liter X51 Power Kit
- POWER (SAE net): 381 bhp @ 6250 rpm
- TRANSMISSION: 6-speed manual
- Wheelbase: 95.1 in Length: 171.6 in
- Width: 70.9 in Height: 50.9 in
- Curb weight: 2987 lb
- Zero to 60 mph: 4.2 sec
- Zero to 100 mph: 10.5 sec
- Zero to 150 mph: 30.0 sec
- Street start, 5-60 mph: 4.4 sec
- Standing ¼-mile: 13.4 sec @ 125 mph
- Top speed (drag limited): 179 mph
- Braking, 70-0 mph: 165 ft.
- Road holding, 200-ft-dia skidpad: 0.94 g