2013 Aston Martin DB9 Coupe
23K One Owner California Miles – Finsihed in Limited Edition “Skyfall Silver” / “Chancellor Red” Interior – 35K+ in Desirable Factory Options
Extensive Maintenance History, All Service & Delivery Documents/Items, Totally Clean CarFax
Extended Factory Aston Martin Warranty Until 2/2020
THIS PARTICULAR ASTON MARTIN DB9
This absolutely striking Aston Martin DB9 was purchaesd from nearby Aston Martin Los Gatos on 11/2912. As with many of our vehicles, we have know this vehicle since it was acquired by a long time customer and supporter of Classic Cars Ltd. With just over 23K miles the DB9 has been used as an occasional car, and has received considerable attention and a “no expense spared” approach to ongoing maintenance. Service has been performed exclusively by the delivering dealer and is documented by actual receipts, and on the CarFax report. At the time of purchase, the owner opted for the Aston Martin extended warranty that remains effect until February, 2020 and is transferable to the cars new private owner. The CarFax report documents the cars clean history that is supported by its owner who reports no repainting, damage, or suspicious history of any kind. A copy of the extensive Carfax report is included in our 100+ photos of the DB9.
The Aston Martin DB9 Coupe is finished in rare Aston Martin Limited “Skyfall Silver” with a lovely “Chancellor Red” leather interior. The colour combination was introduced in honor of the James Bond movie, Skyfall. The color combination is elegant, befitting an Aston, and also includes the optional leather colour and carpet color packages, all done in an elegant shade of deep red (“Chancellor Red”) with contrasting grey stiching and subtle DB9 headrest logos . The cockpit includes the full Bridge of Weir interior, carbon fibre trim, Alcantara headliner, satellite radio, navigation, 6-CD auto-changer, and IPod connection along with the usual compliment of Aston Martin creature comforts. The desirable B&O BeoSound Audio package (+8,330.00) is just one of the many interior and exterior options that add over $35,000 in options to this particular DB9. Specifically, the options (per the included window sticker), are as follows:
- Exterior Carbon Package: $9,090.00
- B&O BeoSound Audio: $8,330.00
- Paint Aston Martin Limited: $5,380.00
- 20″ 10 Spoke Silver DT WHeels: $3,785.00
- Leather Contemporary Colour: $1,595.00
- Leather Carpet Contmp. Colour: $1,020.00
- Seat DB9 Logo: $750.00
- Trinket Tray: $750.00
- Interior Seat Stitching: $570.00
- High Spec Alarm System: $450.00
- First Aid Kit: $145.00
Including the extensive list of factory options, the DB9 carried an MSPR of $221,685.00.
The Aston Martin is powered by a 6.0 liter, 48-Valve all aluminum DOHC V12, mated to a 6-Speed “Touchtronic” automatic gearbox featuring a paddle operated semi automatic mode. For 2013 the DB9 benefited from a number of cosmetic and mechanical enhancements, not the least of which was and increase in horsepower to 540hp (457 lb-ft torque), and Brembo carbon-ceramic brakes with 3-stage adaptive dampers as standard equipment. The optional, and costly ($9,090.00), exterior carbon fiber spoiler and side view mirrors provide a beautiful contrast to the rare, Skyfall Silver metallic exterior finish.
Cosmetically, the Aston rates extremeley high, with no reported history of any re-painting, accident, or other damage. Bumpers remain free from “rash” and no door dings or other damage is noted on the body, trim, or lenses. A few minor wheel scrapes are present (refer to detailed photos of the wheels), but do not detract from the appearance of the car and require close critical inspection to be noted. The interior is immaculate reflecting the cars low mileage, and of course, all of the electronics are fully functional. The engine compartment and trunk area are spotless with the appearance of a virtually new car.
Documents / information accompanying the Aston Martin DB9 include:
- Original Aston martin Owner’s Guide
- 3 original electronic keys (the original 2 and aother spare obtained by the owner)
- Copies of service and maintenance documents
- Aston martin Colour & Trim brochure for 2013
- Aston Martin dealer brochure 2013
- Aston martin Accessories 2013
- Aston Martin DB9 fitted car cover (Burgundy)
- Original umbrella (still in plastic) in trunk
- Option first aid kit (unopened)
To say this car has been well maintained would be a dramatic understatement. The comprehensive maintenance file documents every dealer service and warranty work from 972 miles until the most recent service a few weeks ago when the car received a replacement battery. All of the required recalls have been addressed, and are documented in the file. While the cars maintenance history is too lengthy to list in detail, the following summary will provide the prospective buyer with a sense of the high level of care that the DB9 has received since it was delvivered to its original owner.
A summary of notable maintenance/repairs is as follows:
- 2/14/19 – Replacement battery
- 10/5/18 (1,260 miles ago) – Replace four (4 tires Pirelli P-Zero’s, Perform 6 year service
- 1/24/18 (2,637 miles ago) – Perform 5 year service / Minor warranty work
- 10/5/17 (3,780 miles ago) – Replace spark plugs ignition components / minor warranty repairs
- 8/8/17 (3,964 miles ago) – Complete Certified Pre-Owned Inspection
- 10/13/16 (5,730 miles ago) – New catalytic converter sensor, Hego rear sensor and other emission related work
- 11/23/15 (7,250 miles ago) – Complete 3 year / 30,000 mile service
- 11/6/14 (10,990 miles ago) – 2 Year / 20,000 mile factory service
- 10/23/13 (15,960 miles ago) – 1 year / 10,000 mile service per factory recommendation / minor warranty repairs
- 7/30/13 – Aston Martin car cover purchased ($690.00)
- 2/20/13 – (at 4,838 miles) – Minor warranty issues addressed by dealer
- 5/10/13 – (at 3,813 miles) – Warranty issues including a few rattles and seals addressed with items replaced as needed
- 11/11/13 – (972 miles) Warranty repairs/service
Occasionally, we see a late model exotic that checks all of the boxes; this is one such vehicle. Unlike some recent high mileage offerings at “bargain prices” but with questionable service history and deferred maintenance, this one owner, California car is offered with an impeccable, fully documented factory maintenance record, low mileage, and finished in what is arguable the most attractive colour scheme for an Aston Martin. Additionally, this car is fitted with some of the most desirable options and carried a considerably higher MSRP than many lesser equipped DB9’s. However, it is offered at a fraction of the cars ~250K delivered price.
2013 ASTON MARTIN DB9 – HISTORY
The Aston Martin DB9 is a British grand tourer first shown by Aston Martin at the 2003 Frankfurt Auto Show. Available both in coupéand a convertible bodystyles, the latter being known as the Volante, the DB9 was the successor of the DB7. It was the first model built at Aston Martin’s Gaydon facility.
The DB9 was originally designed by Henrik Fisker, has an aluminium construction. The chassis is the Ford developed VH platformwhilst the engine is the 5.9-litre V12 from the Vanquish. The 2013 model year facelift saw many improvements to the design, the engine and the overall driving experience.
The DB9 is rated well by car critics, who appreciate the car’s interior and exterior design. In spite of comments regarding the DB9’s poor handling, reviewers liked the car’s ride and driving experience. Some also held issue with the DB9’s small rear seats, cargo space and poor satnav.
Aston Martin Racing adapted the DB9 for sports car racing, producing the DBR9 for FIA GT1 and the DBRS9 for FIA GT3. These two cars are modified DB9 models adapted for motorsport; the interior features are removed and the aluminium body panels are replaced by carbon fibre panels. Additionally, the engine has been tweaked in both the cars to produce more horsepower and torque.
Production of the DB9 ended after 12 years in 2016, having been replaced by the DB11.
PURCHASING A COLLECTOR VEHICLE – THINGS TO CONSIDER
As always, we recommend that you carefully review the seller’s background for any collector car being sold over the Internet. It is important to ask yourself a number of questions including, but not limited to:
– How long have they been in business?
– How much experience do they have with collector cars?
– How many positive collector car vehicle sales have they completed (positive eBay feedback)?
– How detailed/complete is the description of the vehicle?
– Do the photos show details of the interior, exterior, top, chrome, etc. or are they simply “glamour shots” taken from a distance?
– Does the seller have a Surety Bond to protect the financial transaction?
– What about insurance, licensing by the state, and a local business license?
– Does the seller (if a business) have any DMV (Motor Vehicle) complaints and/or other history of legal action, grievances?
– Does the seller enjoy a favorable local and national/international reputation?
– Can the seller assist with funding sources, transport and out of state/country sales?
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
- Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same, small, California town for over 25 years. We operate a small “brick & mortar”, indoor showroom, and specialize in the sale, consignment, and purchase of sports, high performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
- The majority of our vehicles come from local, private owners and collectors, and many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars, with excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally, and around the country. As a result, we do not purchase our collectible cars from “distressed” sales, such as wholesale auctions, salvage sales, or lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles, or those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
- We have sold hundreds of unique, classic and collectible vehicles and regularly deal with buyers that have not had the experience of purchasing a large (both physically and monetarily) item on eBay, or through an Internet source. Our eBay feedback is 100% positive on all vehicle sales from customers around the globe and is a reflection of our commitment to accurate, complete, and thorough vehicle descriptions.
- We have been shipping vehicles for years and have established excellent contacts that are not only high quality but very price competitive. We do not use brokers, terminal shipping or other discount methods. Call us or email for a quote directly to your home or office. We are often able to obtain quality enclosed transportation (the kind of travel this car deserves) for the cost of open shipping.
- Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 1,000 positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
- We are fully insured, bonded, and licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
- Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50,000 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
- We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers, and will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL INFORMATION
- As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles, we find that parts and resources are readily available for this (and most every vehicle), thanks in large part to the Internet.
- In addition to the purchase price of the vehicle, California buyers will be subject to sales tax, a documentation fee, DMV transfer fees and license/registration. Out-of-state buyers will be responsible for the purchase price of the vehicle and any local taxes/fees will be the purchaser’s responsibility to pay in their respective state. IMPORTANT NOTE: If the vehicle is delivered or driven in California and driven on California roads, sales-tax, license/registration and transfer fees will be assessed per California law.
- We encourage telephone calls to discuss this vehicle in greater detail including questions regarding shipping options and pricing estimates for delviery to your door
- We encourage inspections of this Corvette by serious, qualified individuals or professional inspectors. Please call at 925-846-1451 to arrange a convenient time.
- As with any collectible vehicle of this vintage we are unable to provide a warranty or guarantee of condition. However, we make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles, and highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback, standing in the community, length of time in business, and other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
- Minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present on every vehicle (regardless of cost) including small chips, nicks, scratches, etc. that can be seen on even the best restoration, or even a relatively new, used “pre-owned” vehicle. Also, ownership of a collectible / specialty vehicle is more enjoyable if the owner is familiar with the “realities” of these unique cars. Unlike more modern day vehicles, these cars require regular, ongoing care/maintenance and some mechanical knowledge, patience, and understanding can make the experience considerably more pleasant. That said, collector / “specialty” car owners will tell you (emphatically) that they love their cars and wouldn’t trade them for anything!! The information contained in this description is believed to be accurate but, in some instances, has been provided by the car’s owner / owners or outside sources. As a result, we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information. We encourage verification of “numbers” and significant data prior to the purchase of any collector vehicle that you are considering.
Please let us know if we can answer any questions, or provide additional information.
Classic Cars Ltd.